By Our Reporter
SHILLONG: The house of Congress candidate from Khliehriat, Amos Dkhar was gutted at Bhagyakul near Bijni complex, Laitumkhrah on Tuesday evening.
According to police, the incident happened when a bamboo stool caught fire due to the heat of an immersion rod placed adjacent to it.
“The fire spread very fast since it was an Assam type house,” police said.
Meanwhile, sources informed that when the fire broke out, Dkhar’s four children and two of his employees were inside the house. Luckily no one was injured in the incident, sources informed.
It may be mentioned that Dkhar along with wife had gone for their election campaign to Khliehriat when the incident took place.
When contacted, Dkhar said that the damage on account of this fire would amount to several lakh.