By Our Reporter
SHILLONG: Three staff quarters of the Raj Bhavan were gutted by fire on Friday at around 10.45 pm.
According to police, the fire, which originated from a kitchen, was first noticed by some people residing in the adjacent quarters.
The cause of fire is electric short circuit, police said ruling out possibility of any foul play.
Five fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the fire.
The occupants of the three ill-fated staff quarters were Subedar to ADC Alam Singh Rawat, Nursing Assistant Renu Gurung and Amol Das (driver).