Base laid for Rs 134-cr drinking water project

From Our Correspondent

 NONGSTOIN: State PHE Minister Shitlang Pale on Wednesday laid the foundation stone of the ambitious Nongstoin Urban Water Supply Scheme at the PHE Campus in Nongstoin.

The huge scheme estimated to cost Rs 133.94 crore would provide drinking water supply to 28 villages/localities under Nongstoin town at 135 litre per capita per day (LPCD) for 70 per cent of the urban population and 40 LPCD for the remaining 30 per cent of the urban population.

The programme was attended by S Kharlyngdoh, DC, West Khasi Hills district, HS Lyngdoh, MLA, Dr A Pariong, Parliamentary Secretary, LG Nongsiej, local MDC, H Prasad, Chief Engineering PHE and a host of Government officials and the public.