News Alerts
prev next

Headmen accept CM’s talks offer

Admin imposes Section 144 CrPC

SHILLONG:  The Synjuk ki Nongsynshar Shnong Ka Bri U Hynniewtrep (SNSBH) has accepted Chief Minister Mukul Sangma’s invitation  for talks even as the East Khasi district administration has imposed prohibitory order in view of Thursday’s march towards the Main Secretariat.
A delegation of 30 people under the banner of SNSBH will meet the Chief Minister on Thursday afternoon, informed  the president of headmen’s association  W.R. Kharshiing here on Wednesday.
On being asked if they will go ahead with its proposed sit-in protest, he said, “We will look at the situation and plan accordingly.”
Commenting on the Ri-Bhoi issue, he said, “The problem has been resolved and they will take part in tomorrow’s rally.”
The SNSBH had earlier proposed to hold march towards the Main Secretariat from Laban Sports Club at 10. 30 am followed by a sit-in demonstration in front of the Secretariat.
Meanwhile, East Khasi Hills Deputy Commissioner PS Dkhar said that while the whole crowd will be stationed at Laban Sports Club, a delegation of the traditional heads would go to Secretariat to hold talks with the Chief Minister.
No permission has been granted to hold the march, he said adding “Section 144 CrPC has been imposed in the district.”
The demands of the traditional heads include the delay in the passage of the Village Administration Bill, the introduction of the dual posts bill and MUDA’s encroachment in scheduled areas among others.
Meanwhile, Shillong Police have taken all necessary measures to ensure normal flow of traffic during Thursday’s rally.

You might also like More from author

Comments